Sunday, July 25, 2010

Summa time ramblings

Sarah Kathryn is downstairs playing piano and the whole house is filled with the sounds of a young Mozart in training. As I hurried up the stairs I felt like I was running late for a dance recital.. It is Seemingly something how classical music and ballet fall hand in hand. I believe it is because they are so complementary to one another. Lots of things in life are complementary. The love of beauty is complementary to my heart.. I do believe. I just keep daydreaming about my time to come at Ole Miss and what it will be like. I can not wait to be in the grove where there are enough trees for anyone who cares to sit and delight in it's shade. To me that is the core of beauty. Enjoying simplicity in a hectic world filled with jam-packed schedules, hurrys and worries.

This afternoon I had the honor of partaking in an afternoon tea party with some captivating young ladies. I can not remember all of their names but I am sure I will never forget them. We played games and conversated on handshakes and the neccessities of a firm, but non-agressive shake. It felt as if we were reading from the script of Gilmore Girls.

I spent the night with Emilee and Layken Friday night only to wake up with the chickens and go from yard to yard rummaging for tresures with Sarah Burpo. We pulled Emilee's bed into the living room so that we could watch TV.. but we found ourselves chatting by the glow of the television about how "good" movies just aren't made these days. We miss movies like Stepmom and You've Got Mail.. where are those directors that we loved in the 90'S and can they please make us some movies where the settings are beautiful and the characters are ones we fall in love with by their enchanting personalities and charm. Meg Ryan?! Where are you?! Please get back on the big screen!!!

Tomorrow is the first day of my last week as a community college student. Northeast has been great and I am thankful for all that it had to offer me.

That's all for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment